Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Catching up with Mide !!

Over my summer I was able to catch up with one of my good friends Mide who also makes music. I told him about V.A.W and what we do and stand for and he was down for doing an interview.



1. First introduce yourself.

My name is Ayomide Ojo a.k.a Mide (Me-day). I’m from East Orange Nj and I currently attend Fairleigh Dickinson University in Teaneck NJ.

2.What made you start writing and creating music?

Well when I was younger my mother was a singer in the choir. Being that I grew up in a christian home, I would always have to sing at church with a few other kids during special days and after a while it just became a part of me. I remember watching lil bow wow back in those days and use to immitate him because i wanted to be like him. it just seemed so cool becoming a musician at a young age and ever since it became my dream even as I grew older. 

3. What does music mean to you? 

Music is basically a way of relating to people and influencing them the way you want. 

4. How would you describe your style of music and what makes you different? 

My style of music is diverse but unique at the same time. Its like Drake, Fetty Wap, Tory Lanez etc. They all sing and rap but their styles are totally different. I fall into that category. What makes my style different is the fact that I always think out the box. I try doing things that you don’t hear often.

5.Tell me about the first time you made a song that to you made you know that you were good.

Well I use to kind of doubt myself because I felt like I kind of didn’t have much to offer to the music industry due to the fact that my music just sounded regular. But the when i got to fdu last year around september, I made a song titled Gun Em Down. The reactions i got from people pertaining to this were really great. Tbh not one person has told me they don’t like it and this is  where my confidence started to kick in.
6. Do you compare yourself to fellow artists?

well I kind of do sometimes and most times I fell like im better than alot of them. But when I compare myself to artists like Drake it just motivates me to wanna get better cause that dude set a high bar for majority of musicians in the game. He’s still running the game. 

7.Pick three artist from the new age and old age that are or were your favorite.

Meek mill, Tink and Drake.

8. If you had to do a collaboration with some artist who would it be? 

Meek mill,Tink and Drake once again lol

9. Do you play any instruments and are there any you would like to learn how to play? 

Yes, I play the piano and drums. I would definitely like to learn how to play the guitar and violin.

10. Do you get discourage when you see so many people doing the same thing as you? 

I use to but since I gained my confidence that changed. I realized that a lot of artists sound the same and when you’re different, you have a better chance of your music getting out there. People are tired of hearing the same things. Look at all these new artists like Ilovemakonnen, OG Maco, Fetty Wap. Their styles are different because that’s just who they are and look how fast people fell in love with their music.

11. What is your goal in this music industry( like who you want to be at the end of all this)?

 My goal in the industry is not only to love my music but to gain respect not only as a singer,rapper and producer but as an humble individual. 

12. Lastly where can we find you and your music?  

My music and beats can be found on Mide's SoundCloud and to get info about my music or for collabs hit me on twitter Mide'sTwitter , IG @Midemusic or Gmail - Ayomideo080@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment