Sunday, March 26, 2017

Mikey DUBZ

 Mikey Dubz is an artist Born and raised in Los Angeles, at only 20 years old he's had an ear for music ever since he was a baby stating ".. I started making music when i was in diapers..." Nells catches up with him to get to know him more and what drives his creativity..



 When did you start making music ?And What made you  get into music ?

Dubz: I started making music when I was in diapers, it's nothing new. Was playing piano at 5 which lead to me playing guitar,drums ,bass, harmonica, started singing rapping and then everything started to tie in together. A major part of what inspired me was My uncle who always pushed me towards music. He played piano for bobby brown and had worked with so many crazy huge artist and to look back at it now I can say I looked up to him a lot and it's crazy to think how much he inspired me.


What does being creative mean to you? 

Dubz: to me being creative is being able free your mind and bring any thought, any moment you've ever had, or  anything you've ever experienced to life, into something physical something others can feel.



What's the music vibe like in LA and how has LA fueled your creativity? 


Dubz: LA just lit af you know it's home to me we turn the fuck up I mean I ain't really traveled much but I can say I ain't ever been anywhere else like LA theres no place I'd rather call home . I mean I guess I could say I'm influenced by the la scene but I've always seen my self to have  an individual sound i mean I can kinda vibe off anything so I see it more like ya one day LA might be my inspiration the next day it might just be what's in my cup or a pack of backwoods or tapping on a wall as I'm walkin down the street it's really all just energy to me I thrive off that shit 




LA is such a hot spot for artists , do you feel like you're constantly competing with other people? 

Dubz: The music game is a competition i mean if you really think about it life is a competition. if you ain't out here tryna be the best at what you tryna do wit your life i really don't know what you doin. no one in my squad be thinkin like that and I wouldnt have it if they was 

Who,What or Where does the inspiration come from with your music ? is it from personal experiences? 


Dubz: honestly I get inspiration off everything around me not any one specific artist. From starting to play harmonica because my mom would play Stevie wonder in the car when  I was younger it's honestly anything not  a specific genre or artist like I said it's all energy and vibes to me and I can really vibe off anything




How would describe your music and what message do you want to people who listen to your music ?

 Dubz: lit as fuck. turnt the fuck up. some shit that make you jump that make you wanna break something but then go dap up wit the homie next to you. I mean all energy done in a strategic way. I'm just tryna make people vibe, have fun, and turn the fuck up


If you could work with any artist who would it be ? 

Dubz: Tupac before he died. if I could just see how he worked in the studio and observe his process of making music. I'd just be sitting in the room like a sponge absorbing everything. 

What's your favorite thing you created? (It could be one of your Songs , art piece , clothing piece etc.) 

 Dubz: my favorite thing that I created would have to be a track I recorded a while back called rebound baby I still have it up on my SoundCloud. I just think how it was about halfway written out when I was like 14 didn't end up recording it until I was like 16 or 17 and I look back at it like damn that song took bout 2 and a half years to make I was that young and made something that I can still listen to now and enjoy not just think is some childish shit I made in my closet or something. 

What are somethings you want to accomplish in the next five years ?

Dubz: that's a hard question I see a lot happening, I don't really be talkin about what I'm going to be doin. I hear to many niggas talking about what they about to do and then when shit don't go as planned they just be lookin' stupid so what I can say is I got a lot planned and Ima be leaving people in disbelief. 

I wanted to say thanks for listening to what I got to say I appreciate your support Nells and I'll deff be showin love whenever I touch down to NY-Dubz


Keep up with MikeyDubz :

SoundCloud   Twitter      YouTube   Instagram


No comments:

Post a Comment