Friday, June 19, 2015

V.A.W meets JoeyBM

V.A.W recently got the chance to meet Artist JoeyBM and interview him about his music and get some insight on his background and his upcoming project!




Q: First off where are you from?
A:I’m from the Bronx , currently via Brooklyn but, If you're asking about my background I'm Dominican & Puerto Rican.
Q: Why did you choose to make music?
A:There aren't too many things I'm passionate about but ever since I picked up a pair of drum sticks in the 4th grade I've been infatuated with creating music.
Q: What does music do for you & how does it make you feel?
A: I really hate talking to new people unless we have mutual friends because I feel like everybody has hidden motives so music always helps me take people to the places I've been. The good, the bad, the happy and the extremely dark. Creative music always helps me not only tell my story but speak talk about my future existence.I'm in my own lane and the fans that I have love me for me and partly because when I met them I've asked them to only purchase my mixtape if they believe I rap better than their favorite rapper.
JoeyBM in Times Square, New York
Q: What are your goals or things you hope to achieve in the next couple of years?
A: My main goal is to establish myself as a household name. I'm sure that will allow me to move my family and my team out the hood and into a better a situation. My biggest goal as an artist is one day sell out Madison Square Garden more times than Billy Joel. He sold out MSG 13 nights in a row. I think that's beyond phenomenal.
Q: So, I see your're working on a new EP?
A: Yeah my new EP is titled "Conquer" and the lead single is called "Senorita". The EP is produced by D-Sharp International who has worked with Kanye West, Beyonce, Missy Elliot, Kelly Rowland and many others. It is set to release later this summer. 
Q: You’re often seen selling your tapes and promoting your music which also, gives you a chance to meet your fan base and supporters…How important is it for you to remain humble and always keep a connection with your fans?
A: Keeping a connection with my fans and supporters is very important to me. I get tons of messages from people who've bought my music or got it from a friend telling me how I inspire them to chase their dreams. What's great is when people see me interacting with my fans it also attracts more fans. They want to be part of the conversation or feel hip or cared about. It's all genuine because I truly love my fans like family being that my real family is currently so far from me as I'm busy chasing my dreams.
Q: How can people contact you or listen to your music?
A: I’m really heavy on Instagram Follow me at @joeybmofficial
I'm real vocal and funny on Twitter at times JoeyBM's Twitter
Sound cloud: JoeyBM's SoundCloud
But overall please be sure to check out my latest video Senorita!

3 comments:

  1. yo i met him manhattan before cool dude, keep workin man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good choice in questions to whoever did the interview

    ReplyDelete