Tuesday, June 09, 2015

Summer Jam 2015 Recap!


Hey yall I go by the name Jahni. I am apart of V.A.W. and I am from the Bronx as well as the rest of my V.A.W. team members. On Sunday, June 7th I attended 2015 Summer Jam at MetLife Stadium which was crazy as always!! The line up was Ty Dolla Sign, Omarion, Trey Songz, Chris Brown, Fabolous, Kendrick Lamar, Big Sean, and Meek Mill in that order. All the artist performed their hits and new songs. Due to the long line to get into the arena I missed Ty Dolla Sign and Omarion but I saw everybody else. After skipping at least a 100 people I got in and caught my favorite artist right on time, TREY SONGZTrey did a sexy performance as usual and performed his hit songs like “Slow Motion”, “Dive In”, “NaNa”, “2 Reasons”, and his new single “About You”. I advise you to go check it out on YouTube and download it if you like it. He took his shirt off for the crowd and performed “Slow Motion” with such passion, hitting high notes of all sort throughout the song. That song right there was a crowd favorite and definitely mines as well.Chris Brown was on fire Sunday with his performance. While rocking BAPE from head to toe, he performed his hit songs such as “Loyal”, my favorite “New Flame”, an oldie “Poppin”, and others. He's a much better dancer and singer live.
The thing that made Chris’ performance popping was the guest he brought up on stage. He welcomed group G-Unit to the stage.They performed a few of their big hits like “P.I.M.P.” and “Many Men”.   It was cool seeing rapper, business man, and actor 50 cent in the flesh. He said a few words that made me believe that he is still hood at heart but can switch it up when needed. Chris left saying some thankful words to the crowd for all support we gave him. Out of five stars he gets five bright ones!


The party really started when Fabolous got on stage. He rapped all his great hottest songs. My ultimate favorite song he performed was “Ball Drop” with French Montana who surprised us on stage. The crowd got hype. Next thing you know Busta Rhymes is up there! He had everyone including myself doing the Harlem shake with his song “Put Your Hands Where My Eyes Can See”. 
If you thought that was it then you’re wrong. Fabolous just kept the hype up when an all time classic song “Lean Back” started to play. Fat Joe and Remy Ma came out on her verse with her long weave and heels which made the crowd go wild. If you must know she was released from jail not too long ago so seeing her rap again was a great sight for real. The whole audience was doing the dance, lean back which was so much fun. The famous duo Method Man and Red Man came out next. All the older adults like my father were super hype when they performed. Then the "Queen Bee"  LIL KIM came out! Everyone's hands went in the air for the late rapper Biggie Smalls when she performed “Get Money”. You can feel the love for him as an artist the way everybody rapped his verse which was great. Now you have Busta Rhymes, Fat Joe, Remy Ma, Method Man, Red Man, and Lil Kim on the stage so who else can Fabolous possibly bring out next?  The man himself Mase ran out which brought the whole crowd to their feet with his back in the day song “Feel So Good” and “Been Around The World”.

And of course onto the rapper who headlined the whole show,  Kendrick Lamar! He was great on Sunday. He performed songs off his new album To Pimp A Butterfly like his hit song “King Kunta”.  He brought it back with the song “Poetic Justice” and “Bitch, Don’t Kill my Vibe” with his sister singing Erica Badu’s part. He also brought out School Boy Q and performed there song “Collard Greens”. I laughed when Welven the guy from the  vine video “Deez Nuts” came out on stage. He stayed on stage with Kendrick for a few minutes making him even more famous than he is.  Kendrick Lamar left us satisfied and wanting more.

One of my ultimate favorite artists that performed Sunday was BIG SEAN. He showed us how much passion he has for music and how he appreciated us for making his dream come true. That was really humbling hearing that. No matter where you were sitting in the stadium you could see Big Sean because he was wearing all white from head to toe. He performed his huge hits “I Don’t Fuck With You”, “Clique”,” Blessings”, “My Last”, “Mercy”, and some others. What made his performance better than other artists was the way he performed he did many of his songs with partial acapella moments. This had the crowd screaming and rapping along with him. This made me want to go to one of his concerts because he was one of the best.


To end Summer Jam was the Philly rapper MEEK MILL! All I have to say is that he was amazing. He had the whole audience rowdy but in a good way. It seemed like everybody was in their feelings when he rapped his lyrics. Songs like “Monster”, “Burn”, “Levels”, “Ima Boss”, and some others were performed. Future came out and performed his hit song “Commas”.  Nicki Minaj walked out on stage and had the crowd screaming. She was able to perform “Only” and “Truffle Butter”. She could not leave without saying some to her man Meek. She said “I love You Meek”, and Meek follows up and said, “I love you too baby.” The whole crowd screamed. Meek Mill to me was the best performer to end Summer Jam.

If you have never gone to Summer Jam I advise you to go. Despite the riot after the concert it was amazing and thrilling as every year. The musical acts were better than ever and i had the best time!!



No comments:

Post a Comment