Monday, June 01, 2015

All the way from the 401

A young fresh rapper that goes by the name of CR is ready to break into the music industry. He's been working on his craft since the age of nine and is representing the 401 to the fullest.
Rapper CR from Rhode Island
Q: Where are you from& what city you represent?
A: I'm from Warwick Rhode Island but I represent the whole 401. I'm trying to put the whole state on, there are too many talented artists in my state but we all have to stop hating because we aren’t going to get anywhere doing that. Its time! I'm about to put us on Rhode Island!!
Q: When did you start rapping and why?
A: I started rapping at the age of nine. I remember my very first raps were me dissing my sisters and their friends! It was a hobby to me and it was the only way to express how I felt. I used to study all the classics from the greats like 2pac, Jay-Z, Nas, Biggie, and Eminem. I used to just study the way they put songs together and the way they would come up with the hooks. I was obsessed, Haha! My first love was basketball but I was too small *laughs*. So I picked up the mic and now nobody f**** with me!
Q: That’s an interesting story so, what or who inspires you when it comes to making music?
A:  My family first over anything, when I see them struggling it motivates the hell out of me. I know I have what it takes! It’s just about going out there and doing it. My biggest musical influences are 2Pac, Jay-Z and Eminem. I'm a mixture of all three *laughs*.  I'll just hear songs made by random artist and get hyped up. Then I start rapping in my head and then I'll make mental notes of certain lines I said, write them down and just get in the booth and kill it.
Q: What is something you really want to achieve in the next year or two?
A: I want to establish myself as an artist, I want to be on the road performing & doing shows. I also want to launch GMST TV as my own YouTube channel, where I'll have my videos and we do some pranks as well haha! Usually those get a lot of views so hopefully it'll bring views to my music videos as well. Another thing I want to do is act in a few films and by then I’ll be doing it all!  It’s time to put these skills to work!!
Q: So, if you could collaborate with any artist who would it be and why?
CR Performing Live
A: Any artist in this present day. Maybe Jay-Z or Eminem. It would be crazy just to be in their presence. I mean I grew up listening to those guys. I idolize them along with Nas too. But if I could pick one artist it would be my all-time favorite which is 2pac. The energy and realness he brought was crazy! To me he is by far the greatest rapper of all time easily. He set every trend from the tattoos on stage with no shirt, to wearing a record label on your chain *laughs*. That's why I say PAC all day. I learned how to work from watching his work ethic in the studio. Like right now I got like 150 unreleased tracks. When I'm in the studio I work and that’s it, no time for games!
Q: That’s dope & last but, not least where can people find your music?
A: You can find my music on SoundCloud.com/gmst401. My Facebook: L Jay MrMan King. MY ALBUM "Comeback of the century" is dropping JULY 4TH and will be coming to datpiff.com. Follow my Twitter @Grownmancr and Instagram: ljaygmsking. 401 STAND UP!!

No comments:

Post a Comment